Saturday, November 19, 2005

Did Rove sell out Hadley to give Fitz pause?

The night before the Libby Indictment, ISIKOFF AND WOODWARD were. Here is a key exchange...

ISIKOFF: I talked to a source at the White House late this afternoon who told me that Bob [Woodward] is going to have a bombshell in tomorrow's paper identifying the Mr. X source who is behind the whole thing. So, I don't know, maybe this is Bob's opportunity.

KING (to WOODWARD): Come clean.

Who was Isikoff's source? I have heard that when Isikoff quotes someone in the White House on something juicy, it is usually Rove...

Does that mean that Rove tipped Fitzgerald about the leak to Woodward as well?

Is that what gave Fitzgerald pause on indicting Rove?

Did Rove give up Hadley to steer clear of being indicted himself in the first round?

Did he use it to explain the e-mail to Hadley?

"Matt Cooper called to give me a heads-up that he's got a welfare-reform story coming," Rove wrote Hadley. "When he finished his brief heads-up, he immediately launched into Niger. Isn't this damaging? Hasn't the president been hurt? I didn't take the bait, but I said if I were him, I wouldn't get Time far out in front on this."

So - in the eleventh hour - does Rove explain to Fitz that this e-mail was his response to Hadley's request to let the press know about Wilson's wife?

Was this Rove's way of confirming that he had done that job?

1 Comments:

Blogger bhfrik said...

Hey there... One thing about this. If Rove tips Fitzgerald before the indictment, why does Fitz say that Libby is the 1st known leaker in the press conference?

I do think Rove gave something up but tend to think it was something on Libby. Maybe the conversation mentioned in the indictment between official A and Libby?

I saw your post on Kos about starting a blog. I started one as well a few months ago. If you'd like to trade links check out club lefty from my profile and leave a message there if you're game. :)

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home